Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 31 - Lines of Color

I knew immediately what I wanted to show off with this prompt. When we moved into our house we repainted all the walls, and shortly after our daughter was born. When she was little the two of us sat outside and created artwork for our family room walls. This photo is of one of my paintings.

The colors used are the same paint we painted on our house walls so they fit our decor exactly. I just used my fingers and had fun spreading the paint around on the canvas. When I was done I stepped back and realized I had created an abstract flower with a hummingbird flying above it.

I smile when I look at this picture every time I sit in my chair. Everybody is an artist and an artists work is never wrong when the artist says it is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment