Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 20 - Architecture

I don't really pay that much attention to buildings, I might say "Oh that one looks neat/cool (insert other adjective here)" but for the most part I look to mother nature and not man made features.

I took this shot of or portion of our house - one of the features I love in addition to our fireplace, which I've posted pictures of. There were originally glass shelves between each beam and the wood was a green color of paint. These posts are in a section of the house that had some other wooden features and all were different shades. They all now sport this darker shade of paint to resemble a cherry wood.

It took me a lot of thinking about this one and made me wonder about how I look around the world around me and how I take the man made features around me for granted. I am known to appreciate sculptures and other artistic pieces but very rarely do I look at a building as artistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment