Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 13 - Grief

What causes me grief - this answer jumped out to me immediately from my desk top - bills... bills... bills. I hate dealing with money and making sure things get paid on time. This is a task I have often struggled with and often have to remind myself daily...weekly...monthly to deal with this.

I have been working hard over time to battle this avoidance tendency of mine. Thanks to technology available today, I have alerts sent to my cell phone and I use e-bills. I have to battle the nature to ignore these by NOT doing some things automatically. I have to personally enter and reconcile my Quicken accounts instead of doing their automatic download. I have to personally save and attach my bills and statements. I track the change in my purse - ever two weeks along with entering my paycheck.

It is still a struggle to make sure things are paid on time, but by using these features and making sure my bills are due at the end of the month and paying half of the bill from each paycheck it gives me a little extra money in my pocket and a little more going to the debt I am trying hard to lower and get rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment