Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16 - Kicks

My kicks - I hate wearing shoes, any kind of shoes.

I am known to drive barefoot because when I started driving I would speed when wearing sneakers! I usually have two to three pairs of shoes sitting inside my truck because if I can slide the shoe off when I get in, I do.

Due to my new job, I need to wear closed-toe shoes and tennis shoes are the best ones for the job. I pretty much wear them all the time now but within 2 minutes of getting home this is how they end up.

Living in a hot climate pretty much ensure that I always wear shoes when leaving the house and I miss the freedom of being able to go more places with no shoes on. With many searches you can actually find out that it is not illegal to enter stores, restaurants, and drive barefoot. Most places frown upon it but unless they have posted signs all they can do is request you leave. If you ever push the issue there is usually no policy about it however.

Sometimes I wish I lived near or on the beach because going barefoot there would be something so common that people would not look at you funny when you do it.

Ah well, I wear shoes because I need to for work - but at home I am barefoot all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment